Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The wonderful world of Etsy

Maybe I should title this "what I am doing to quit my day job" but I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway, for those of you who have not yet discovered the wonderful world of Etsy, this is your lucky day! http://www.etsy.com/ is an online gathering of artists and craftspeople from all around the world who showcase their creations. You can browse, you can shop, you can share, the list goes on and on.

And this brings me to quitting the daily grind. I have recently discovered a passion for creating wearable art in metal (silver) and also beading. And so I've opened FreshMetal, my shop on Etsy. It has offered my an escape from the daily grind and a creative outlet. I also decided to start a blog, because one thing Etsy doesn't provide is a way to offer shoppers a view into the world and creative processes of each artist. You can view my collection at www.FreshMetal.Etsy.com I hopefully will be posting new items I've created on a regular basis.

I'm a member of Etsy West Michigan, which is a group of artisits/crafters who collaborate, give and take feedback, and generally support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment